Broccoli gets a flavorful makeover with a bright vinaigrette and crispy, salty breadcrumbs. This recipe is the perfect way to get your veggies without even realizing it.
For the broccoli:
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into 1 to 2 inch florets (about 4 cups of florets)
- 1/4 cup water
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar (can substitute fresh lemon juice - Meyer Lemons would be amazing if you can find them)
- salt & pepper to taste
For the breadcrumbs:
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup panko Japanese-style breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- pepper to taste
- Combine the broccoli florets and water in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and cook on high for 2 minutes. Check broccoli for doneness, you want it to be bright green but you should be able to pierce the stalk with a fork with only a little resistance. If it needs more time, microwave on high for 60 seconds at a time until it is done cooking.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in an airtight container such as a mason jar. Shake to combine and emulsify vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasonings. Drizzle over warm broccoli and toss to combine.
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and stir well to coat with the oil. Lower heat to medium-low and stir often, 3-5 minutes, until breadcrumbs are a dark-golden brown color. Keep a close eye on them so they don't burn! When they're done, remove from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the broccoli on a serving dish and sprinkle breadcrumbs over the broccoli. Serve warm or at room temperature.