Cooking Time: 10-15 min Servings: 4-6
- Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 12-14 early girl tomatoes (small-medium sized), or a large can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 large bunches of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene 18yr Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- De-stem & quarter the tomatoes.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in stock pot and sauté onions until soft.
- Add sugar and stir allowing onions to caramelize slightly.
- Add tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper.
- Cook down until thickened, but not too thick, tomatoes should be soft.
- In batches add to blender.
- Puree with bunches of basil until smooth.
- Return to pot and heat through.
- Serve with croutons, and a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar on top.