Use this technique for any squash and enjoy as a side dish, or to use to fill with stuffing of choice.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 mins Servings: 6
6 small (6-inch) squash (Delicata, butternut, acorn, kobacha)
1 medium red onion, diced into medium chunks
2 tablespoons The Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons The Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush with olive oil.
3. Trim the stems and tough bottom ends off the squash, then cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
4. Place cut side up on the baking sheet
5. Place the squash on the lined baking sheet, cut side up and brush with olive oil.
6. Place onions in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
7. Spoon the onions into the squash, then sprinkle them with the vinegar, salt and pepper.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until onions are browned and squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
9. Slice and eat as a side dish, or use as a vessel for stuffing of choice
*Substitute Dark Chocolate, Espresso, Maple, or Fig Balsamic Vinegars for other incredible flavors