Tomato and Avocado Salad
Cooking Time: 10-15 Min Servings: 4-6
- 1 head Boston lettuce, or crisp leaf lettuce. 2 large, firm and ripe tomatoes; core them and slice them into thin wedges or slices.
- 1- 2 avocados peeled, seeds removed and sliced thinly, then brush with lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Olive Scene Fig Balsamic Vinegar (as desired)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crumbled Gorgonzola, Roquefort, Stilton or Blue cheese
- Clean the head of lettuce, core, and dry and separate into individual leaves.
- You will also need firm, ripe avocados.
- Peel the fruit and remove the seeds.
- Slice them thinly and sprinkle the avocado with lemon juice to prevent the avocado from discoloring.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving platter.
- Arrange the tomatoes and avocado on top of the lettuce leaves and sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take your olive oil and balsamic vinegar and drizzle the desired amount over the vegetables and fruit.
- Be careful, though, not put too much of the oil and vinegar as it will make the tomatoes and avocados soggy.
- Top it all off with the crumbled cheese and a garnishing of fresh or Italian parsley.
- You can now serve your salad and enjoy it immediately.
There are several variations that can be made with this recipe as well. You can add a small Vidalia onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings. Any other sweet variety onion will do as well too. You may also add green onions and ripe or black olives over your appetizer.