Avocado and Grapefruit Salad with Pomegranate Balsamic
Cooking Time: 10 min Servings: 4-6
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the red onion as thinly as possible.
- Place in a bowl of ice water.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- This will reduce the sharpness of the onions.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, peel the grapefruit and cut into thin slices, removing the seeds and reserving any juice reserved.
- If you are adventurous, try cutting it into supremes.
- Remove the skin and seed from the avocado.
- Slice the flesh into 1/4 inch slices and toss with any reserved grapefruit juice to prevent browning.
- Arrange the grapefruit slices on a large plate.
- Layer on the avocado slices.
- Top with the red onion slices.
- Drizzle with the Pomegranate balsamic.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.