Easy Caesar Salad
A great simple salad to make when you are short on time, but don’t want to skimp on
flavor. Such a clean taste, it goes with anything.
3 Romaine Hearts (or Endive)
½ cup Olive Scene Garlic Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup shredded or shaved Parmesan
1 cup croutons
1. Trim the endive or romaine, keeping the boats as close to the same size as possible
2. Rinse boats and set leaves aside to dry.
3. Put vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk, or in a jar and shake.
4. Add olive oil to the vinegar and whisk or shake again
5. Place “boats” on a platter or on individual plates
6. Top “boats” with croutons and parmesan, and drizzle with vinaigrette
Note: If you have never made home made croutons, try it with this recipe, it is worth it.