There is nothing like a good textural crunch to a summer salad—and the addition of Romaine lettuce does the trick, as well as the wonderfully crispy pecans.
- 1/3 cup The Olive Scene Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons The Olive Scene Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 3 cups chopped Romaine Hearts, washed and dried
- ¼ cup sweet red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 navel oranges, peeled, sliced in half, then in slices, or 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 generous cup quartered strawberries (8 ounces)
- ½ cup Sweet and Spicy Pecans halves, coarsely chopped (recipe follows)
- Prepare the dressing: Whisk together the vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oil to form an emulsified dressing. The yield is a scant ½ cup.
- Place the spinach and Romaine in a salad bowl or on individual plates.
- Scatter the onion slices, oranges and strawberries over; top with the toasted pecans.
- If making one large salad, pour 1/4 cup of the dressing over the salad and toss to mix.
- If making individual salads, drizzle a tablespoon over each salad.
- Serve immediately, passing the remaining dressing on the side.