Cooking Time: 15 min Servings: 4
Single Varietal Olive Oil or Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil from The Olive Scene
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, more if needed
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more to your liking
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese to finish, more to your liking, optional
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt the water well. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions to al dente, about 8 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining.
- When the pasta is nearly done, about 5 minutes into cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice and about ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet and toss over medium heat.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the parsley, lemon zest and grated parmesan. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Toss again to combine, and if needed, add a little bit more of the pasta cooking water to make it saucy and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.
*You can also use a combination of a single varietal olive oil replacing a tablespoon with one of Eureka Lemon Infused Olive Oil.