Cooking Time: 8 Hr Servings: 12
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Seasonello (available at The Olive Scene), or seasoned salt
- 3 lb sirloin tip roast
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, cut in quarter pieces
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 ½ c water
- ½ c The Olive Scene Aged Balsamic of choice:
- Traditional, Espresso, Dark Chocolate, or Fig.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper and coat roast with 1-2 tablespoons of the flour, reserving the rest in a medium sized bowl.
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Top with vegetables.
- Add the soup mix to the flour in the bowl.
- Pour in the water and vinegar, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over the roast and cover.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Cut meat into cubes or shred lightly and serve with the balsamic gravy in the crock pot over egg noodles or pasta of your choice.