Roast Turkey with Herbed Oil
Cooking Time: 3 Hr Servings: 12
- 1 16 to 18 lb turkey, neck and giblets reserved for gravy
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Fresh sage sprigs (optional)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Scene Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry.
- Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle cavities with salt and pepper.
- Place rosemary and sage sprigs in main cavity.
- Add olive oil to saucepan.
- Mix in chopped rosemary, sage, orange peel, pepper and salt.
- Brush herb oil over turkey.
- Tuck wing tips under turkey; tie legs together to hold shape.
- Roast turkey breast side down 1 hour.
- Baste with pan juices.
- Carefully flip turkey to breast side up using a wad of paper towels to protect hands.
- Continue roasting turkey until thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180F, basting every 20 minutes, about 2 3/4 hours longer.