Pulled Pork Sandwich
Cooking Time: 2 Hr Servings: 6-8
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pickled jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup Olive Scene Champagne Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 lb of pork butt shoulder roast, trimmed of excess fat
- Hamburger buns
- Puree all of the sauce ingredients (everything except the bay leaf, the pork and the buns) in a blender until smooth.
- If you have extra time, marinate the pork in the sauce overnight or for several hours before cooking.
- Put sauce, bay leaf, and pork into a large pot and add 1 quart of water.
- Bring mixture to a boil and simmer, covered, turning frequently, for 2 hours or until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove from heat and cool pork in the sauce.
- When cool, remove the pork from the sauce and shred into small pieces.
- Set aside.
- Reduce the sauce by two thirds.
- Add the pork back to the sauce.
- Salt to taste.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve hot over open-face hamburger buns.