Pork Chops and Cabbage Costatelle Di Maiale Con Cavolo
Cooking Time: 45 Min Servings: 4
- 2 lb pork chops
- 2 chopped unions
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 lb shredded cabbage
- 4 tablespoons Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup burgundy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions in hot olive oil for about 3 minutes or until soft.
- Remove onions; add garlic and pork chops.
- Turn up flame.
- Brown chops quickly on both sides about 6 minutes.
- Transfer chops, garlic, and onions to a deep pot.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste; cover tightly; cook slowly for 30 minutes.
- Add burgundy; continue cooking about 10 minutes, very slowly, or until cabbage and chops are tender.
- Serve very hot. Serves 6.