Fig, Ricotta Pizza with Maple Balsamic Glaze
Cooking Time: 15m Servings: 4
- 1 package Rossi Classic Pizza Dough (available at The Olive Scene)
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 fresh figs, sliced
- A sprig of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/3 cup Olive Scene Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Follow the directions on the package to make the pizza dough.
- When ready, roll, or work out the pizza dough into a ragged 10”circle and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the dough with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake dough halfway (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove par-cooked pizza from the oven.
- Make a glaze reduction by heating the balsamic vinegar in a small nonstick skillet until it is just about to boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer until thickened and reduced by half, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
Dot the pre-baked crust with ricotta cheese and top with the figs. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
Transfer fully loaded pizza to the oven and bake until crust is crisp and golden, another 7 to 10 minutes. When pizza is cooked, carefully remove it from the oven. Slice and serve.