Espresso-Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak
Cooking Time: 15 Servings: 1
Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 flank steak, 1 1/2 - 2 lbs
- 1/2 c Olive Scene Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients and place in a sealable plastic bag or flat, shallow container large enough to hold the meat.
- Rinse the meat, pat dry, and place in the marinade, covered, for 2 hours minimum (up to 24 hours). Turn occasionally.
- Heat the grill of your choice to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, scraping any clinging sauce and shallots back into the dish with a spatula.
- Pat the steak dry, and oil and salt the surface lightly. Grill 3-6 minutes per side, taking care not to overcook. Baste with the marinade while cooking, reserving at least 1/2 c. When done, set on a platter to rest, tented with foil, while you finish the sauce (let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing).
- Put the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to the boil along with any juices that collect on the platter.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for a minute or two; the sauce should thicken slightly.
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain and spoon the sauce over to serve.