Balsamic Cranberry Glaze for Pork
Cooking Time: 10 Min Servings: 4
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 lb fresh cranberries
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar*
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger — minced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
*can also use Dark Chocolate, Espresso, or Fig
- Mix cranberries, 4 tablespoons sugar, and liqueur in a 4 cup glass bowl.
- Cover with waxed paper and microwave on high for three minutes, stirring half way through, or until berries pop.
- Set aside.
- In a 2 cup glass bowl, combine vinegar and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for three minutes.
- Cook another 1 – 2 minutes until mixture begins to thicken and coats a spoon. (Be careful not to burn.)
- Combine vinegar, ginger, and cayenne with cranberry mixture.
- Microwave on high 2 – 4 minutes or until boiling.
- Continue to cook on high 5 minutes more to develop the flavor.
- Brush over roast pork, turkey or ham while cooking.
- Serve remaining to drizzle over.