Rosemary and Shallot Focaccia
Cooking Time: 35-40 min Servings: 6-8
- 1 1/2 c warm water
- 1/3 c bold Olive Scene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/4 c thinly sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till its become puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375.
- Gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
- Distribute sliced shallots and chopped rosemary evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Drizzle dough with 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Bake the bread till its golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove focaccia from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.