Apricot Noodle Kugel
Cooking Time: 80 min Servings: 4
- Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- One 12-ounce package broad egg noodles
- 6 tablespoons Olive Scene Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ c sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 c apricot nectar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 c butter, softened
- 3 c cornflake crumbs (from about 6 cups of cornflakes)
- 1/3 c dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Olive Scene Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Add the noodles and cook until barely tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, put the oil and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Combine until smooth.
- Add the eggs, sugar, vinegar and vanilla.
- Drain the noodles and add to the bowl with the cream cheese mixture.
- Stir in the nectar and milk, then the raisins.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish.
- For the topping: Stir the butter vigorously until it’s smooth, then add the remaining ingredients and mix until it’s thoroughly combined.
- Scatter on top of the noodles.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the center feels set and the edges are bubbling.