A Holiday Fruit Salad
There is some really beautiful fruit available during the winter. While we tend to think of fruit salad as a summer dish, there's no reason we can't embrace the jewel tones of wintery fruit for a healthy dessert option. Toss the fruit in a combination of our warm, sweet, Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar and a touch of lime juice to cut the sweetness. This gourmet treat will make everyone wonder why they didn't think of winter fruit salads sooner!
- 4-5 cups of winter fruit. Some of our favorites are
apples, pears, persimmons, pineapple (all cut into 1/2-inch pieces), segmented tangerines and oranges (look for blood oranges!), pomegranate seeds, and sliced figs.
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint, plus more whole leaves or sprigs for garnish
- Combine the different types of fruit in a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar and lime juice.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the fruit and add the chopped mint. Toss gently to coat the fruit.
- Garnish with mint leaves or sprigs and serve!
If you love our Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar, read our blog post with more recipes, inspiration, and pairing ideas!