Ginger Pear Bran Muffin
Cooking Time: 25-28 min Servings: 12
- 2 c wheat bran
- 1 c oat bran
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 c yogurt
- 1/3 c Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 c honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 c peeled & mashed very ripe pears (about 3 pears
- ½ c finely chopped candied ginger, preferably uncrystallized
- Place oven rack in middle of oven and heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a standard size muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine wheat bran, oat bran, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine eggs, yogurt, oil, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula just until combined.
- Gently stir in the pears and candied ginger.
- Generously fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 to 28 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then carefully remove from pan and serve warm, or let cool on a wire rack.
- Store muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze.
- Defrost muffins at room temperature, or in the microwave if you are really in a hurry.