Cooking Time: 15-20 Min Servings: 3
Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Traditional Balsamic Vinegar*
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups pink grapefruit segments, plus juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
- 3-4 chives
- 7-8 ounces or 1 bag of arugula leaves, washed and dried
* can also use dark chocolate, espresso, or fig
- In a small cup, combine the sherry vinegar and peppercorns.
- Leave them to soak as you prepare the chicken.
- In a separate, large shallow, plate, combine 2 tablespoons of the oil with the balsamic vinegar.
- Take your chicken pieces and put them in between pieces of plastic wrap and pound them to a thickness of about an inch using a rolling pin or mallet.
- After pounding, dip the chicken in your oil and vinegar mixture, coating each side evenly.
- Season each piece lightly with salt and pepper, then cover them and let stand for about 15 minutes in order for the flavors to sink into the chicken.
- Prepare the grill and put it to high heat.
- If using a gas grill, prepare the grill to medium heat, getting ready to fan flames if they get too out of control.
- Before laying your chicken down on it, lightly coat your grill rack with oil.
- Prepare your grapefruit by cutting off the top and bottom of the fruit and removing the white pith from the fruit.
- Start the cut from above going downwards.
- Once you’ve peeled the fruit completely, put the meat in a fine strainer and cut between the sections of the fruit using a paring knife.
- Collect all the fruit and the juice in the bowl, making sure to squeeze the extra juice out of any remaining pulp.
- After all that, the chicken is done marinating and is ready to be grilled.
- Cook each side for about four minutes until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Once cooked, transfer them to a chopping board and cut them into strips.
- Cover the pieces loosely to keep them warm.
- Drain the grapefruit segments and reserve the juice for later on.
- While the chicken is grilling, the vinaigrette can already be prepared.
- Whisk together the remaining oils, 1 tablespoon reserved grapefruit juice and mustard in a large mixing bowl.
- Snip the chives and whisk them well into the mixture.
- Don’t forget to ad salt and pepper and adjust as you go along.
- Finally, add the arugula to finally toss and lightly coat each leaf.
- Now, you can plate your salad.
- Arrange some of the arugula leaves on a plate, topping it with chicken slices and some of the grapefruit segments.
- Drizzle each plate with some vinaigrette and top it off with soaked peppercorns.
- Serve the salad immediately and enjoy.