Our Vanilla Balsamic Chicken uses rich Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar and a touch of orange juice to create the traditional sweet & sour flavor combination that is so wonderful on chicken.
We recommend serving this with rice, quinoa, or noodles (try our Devil's Angel Hair Pasta from Rossi Pasta!). Add a vegetable and you have a delicious, balanced meal!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.
- ½ cup Olive Scene Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- ¼ cup shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Rosemary, Harissa, Herbes de Provence, or Wild Fernleaf Dill Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine the vinegar, chicken broth, shallot, orange zest and juice, and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until mixture is reduced to ½ cup (about 20 minutes). Add ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- While the sauce is reducing, combine ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season chicken on all sides, and set aside in a single layer in a roasting pan that has been coated with the olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Brush half of the reduced broth mixture over chicken. Bake 5 minutes more, then brush on the remaining broth mixture.
- Bake approximately 15 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches at least 165°.
- Serve over noodles, rice, or quinoa.