The grill and ice cream - two essential elements for summer. So why not combine them in this simple dessert? We love to grill fruit and serve it over vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of sweet balsamic vinegar.
This recipe calls for pineapple, but peaches, nectarines, plums, watermelon, and mango would all work. Be sure to cook extra fruit while the grill is hot; it's fantastic on yogurt, as a topping for pound cake or shortcake, in cocktails, or just served on skewers. You can also use the grilled fruit in savory dishes, like salsas or served over chicken, fish, and pork.
You can use so many of our balsamic vinegar flavors in this dish, too! For brighter flavors try Wild Raspberry, Mango, Golden Pineapple, Coconut, or Peach White Balsamic Vinegar. For a sweeter take use Vanilla, Dark Chocolate, Espresso, Blueberry, Tangerine, Strawberry, or Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1 pineapple
- Vanilla ice cream
- Wild Raspberry White Balsamic Vinegar
- Prepare a grill and heat to medium-high.
- Prep the pineapple: cut 1 inch off the top and bottom of the pineapple. Use a knife to cut away the skin. Slice the pineapple into 3/4 inch-thick rounds.
- Grill pineapple for 3-5 minutes per side, until it is warmed through and has some charred spots.
- Transfer fruit to cutting board. Cut away the core of the pineapple and dice the fruit.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of Wild Raspberry White Balsamic Vinegar. Be sure to eat it quickly! Between the warm fruit and the warm weather, the ice cream will melt rapidly.