An easy and delicious way to enjoy Vidalia Onions when they are in season, serve as an appetizer or side dish.
We love these onions so much we now make one whole onion per person.
- 1 Large Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon The Olive Scene Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon The Olive Scene Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon powdered beef bullion
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Peel the Vidalia onion, then cut off the top and bottom to make it sit flat.
- Using a peeler or melon ball-er, cut out a space in the center of the onion. Be careful not to break through the sides or bottom.
- Place the onion on a square of aluminum foil and bring the edges up slightly to create of shallow “bowl” around the onion.
- Sprinkle the beef bullion in the hollowed center of the onion.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the outside edges of the onion, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
- Sprinkle the Sherry Vinegar on top of boullion in the center of the onion.
- Bring the edges of the foil up and around the onion, tightly, but leave a small opening for steam to escape.
- Place directly on the grill, or bake at 350° F for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the grill, open the foil carefully, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and set aside 5 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Slide the onion and juices into a bowl, cut into pieces and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen