This is a favorite appetizer for a reason: nutritious, and so easy to make, you can have it ready to serve in 10 minutes.
The perfect companion for raw vegetables, or as a spread on a sandwich.
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup The Olive Scene Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons The Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Drain chickpeas. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Blend for 2 minutes on low and 2-3 minutes on high, until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Serve immediately with toasted pita bread, or cut up vegetables, as a spread on a sandwich, or even tossed with pasta and veggies (thin the hummus down with a bit of water and olive oil). Refrigerate and use within 3 days.
Replace 1 or more tablespoons of the Garlic Olive Oil with other fun flavors: Wild Dill, Gremolata, Chipotle, Harissa, Baklouti, Wild Rosemary, or Tuscan Herb Olive Oil. By adding in another flavored oil, you will create a whole new appetizer.