Take this traditionally Mediterranean appetizer south of the border when you use our Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil.
Quick, easy and delicious, it’s a great reason to keep a couple cans of garbanzo beans in the cupboard.
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Olive Scene Garlic Olive Oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ jar roasted red peppers (optional)
- Drain chickpeas. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Blend for 2minutes on low, then 2-3 minutes on high until thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Chop or slice thinly, the roasted red peppers and add as a garnish
- Serve immediately with toasted pita bread, or vegetables, or cover and refrigerate. Use within 3 days.
recipe adapted from The New Best Recipe