Make the entire menu at the grill by having the fixings for the tacos in bowls, all on a platter, grill-side so guests can make their tacos, and party on the patio!
For the shrimp:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Gremolata Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Passion Fruit Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 - 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay or similar)
- 1 dozen large shrimp, peeled
For the Cilantro Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Olive Scene Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Olive Scene Passion Fruit Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 seeded, chopped tomatoes
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1-2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- Cotija cheese
- Additional cilantro for topping
- Lime wedges for serving
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a zip-top bag, and then add the shrimp. Allow the shrimp to marinade for 20-30 minutes in the fridge.
- Pulse all the sauce ingredients except the sour cream in a food processor. When mostly smooth, add the sour cream and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Toss about half of the sauce with the cabbage and tomatoes until it the cabbage is just coated, resembling a coleslaw – just enough sauce so the cabbage is weighed down a little bit. Refrigerate slaw and sauce.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and skewer onto soaked wooden skewers. Discard the marinade.
- Preheat grill.
- Place shrimp on the grill and cook for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through but not tough, and are nicely charred.
- To serve tacos, smash a spoonful of avocado on the tortillas, top with a few pieces of shrimp, top with coleslaw, and finish with Cotjia cheese, cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Top with extra sauce if desired.