Ginger has long been used to fight colds and the flu, but did you know that balsamic vinegar also contains antioxidants that can help you stay healthy? This year's flu is a doozy, so give your immune system a boost or sooth upset stomachs with this warming combination of grapefruit and ginger. If you find the combination too intense, you can add some sugar or simple syrup to smooth it out, or try ginger ale instead of ginger beer.
For a delicious cocktail, an optional splash of whisky adds an extra kick. This Grapefruit Ginger Splash is just as delicious without it though, so don't hesitate to try it just because you don't have whisky on hand! We love to use a honey whisky in this recipe, but any whisky will do.
makes 2 servings
- 1 small grapefruit, cut into 1-inch slices then cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons of The Olive Scene Grapefruit White Balsamic Vinegar
- optional: 1.5 oz (1 shot) whisky
- 1 bottle ginger beer
- Use smaller glasses for this drink, such as rocks glasses. Place a few ice cubes and a few wedges of grapefruit in each glass.
- Pour half of the Grapefruit White Balsamic Vinegar into each glass.
- If using, pour half of the whisky into each glass.
- Top off with ginger beer and enjoy!