Peas of Mind: Celebrate spring with a healthy vegetable soup made with Roasted Pumpkin Seed Oil.
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen peas
- 1/2 pound potatoes, roughly diced
- 1 small bunch parsley, stems removed
- 1 bunch watercress or 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Handful of basil leaves, cut into strips
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in Roasted Pumpkin Seed Oil on low heat <250 degrees until onions are translucent and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining vegetables and chicken stock; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree the cooked vegetables in a food processor or blender.
- Season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
To serve, garnish with basil leaves and drizzle with Roasted Pumpkin Seed Oil. Enjoy with a slice of pumpernickel or sourdough bread.