- 1 pint fresh figs
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Lavender Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Wash and stem the figs.
- Slice in half and arrange cut side up in a baking dish.
- Mix the vinegar and the honey and spoon about a teaspoon of the mixture over the top of the figs, trying not to let too much run onto the baking dish.
- Grind fresh pepper lightly over everything.
- Roast for about 7-10 minutes, or until the figs are soft but not shriveled.
- You be able to pick them up with your fingers.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Arrange on a plate with soft cheese (goat cheese, halloumi, or burratta) and crackers. Drizzle the juices left in the baking dish over the figs and cheese.
- Eat alongside yogurt or granola for breakfast
- Add to a salad
- As a dessert, serve with vanilla bean or coconut ice cream