Recipe adapted from Food and Wine
This is one of those quick dishes you can make with what you probably have on hand. It's healthy, with all the parsley and broccoli (an excellent source of Vitamins A and C).
- 1 pound linguine
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup The Olive Scene Cayenne Olive Oil
- ¼ cup The Olive Scene Wild Dill Olive Oil
- One 6-ounce can Italian tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- ¾ cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1-2 bunches broccoli cut into florets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- 3 minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccoli
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta/broccoli and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the olive oils over low heat until fragrant and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of the reserved pasta cooking water and the tuna, and parsley and cook over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pot with the linguine, add the remaining ½ cup of pasta cooking water and simmer over high heat, tossing, until the sauce is mostly absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, toss with cheese and serve.