This is a quick and easy way to get a healthy dinner on the table. Rosemary olive oil and fresh garlic make a flavorful seasoning for salmon, while balsamic vinegar adds a hint of sweetness to crisp asparagus.
Serve the salmon and asparagus as a light meal, or add rice for a heartier dish. This meal takes only 5 minutes of prep and cooks for 12-15 minutes. That means you can have dinner ready in 20 minutes! And the recipe gets bonus points for only having one pan to wash when you're done...
For the salmon
- 2 fillets of salmon (6-7 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon of The Olive Scene Wild Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
For the asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 tablespoon of your favorite Single Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil from The Olive Scene
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of The Olive Scene 18 Year Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep the asparagus by cutting off the bottom 2 inches of each stalk. Wash and pat dry with a clean towel. Place asparagus on a sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Shake the pan to coat the asparagus, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pat the salmon dry using a paper towel. Combine the garlic, Rosemary Olive Oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mixture on both sides of the salmon and place it on the sheet pan with the asparagus.
- Roast for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the asparagus and return to the oven. Roast for 2 minutes longer, checking the asparagus for doneness by using a fork to pierce the bottom half of a stalk. If it's met with only a little resistance, it's done. Check the salmon for doneness by cutting a small slit into the thickest part of one of the fillets. If it's opaque inside, the salmon is done.
- Depending on the thickness of your asparagus, it might need 4-6 more minutes. The salmon might need more or less time than the asparagus as well, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Asparagus usually takes a total of 10-14 minutes, and salmon takes a total of 10-16 minutes.