Adapted from Once Upon a Chef
This vibrant salad can be pulled together in about 20 minutes, but it needs at least a couple of hours in the refrigerator for flavors to meld.
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped scallions, both white and green parts
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Kirmizi Aci Biber, or crushed red pepper
- ½ cup Olive Scene Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene Mango White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine everything except avocados.
- Mix well.
- Chill for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Right before serving, add avocado and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocado pieces.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro (optional).
- Serve at room temperature.