Sweet sugar snap peas, nutty Japanese Sesame Oil, and bright Persian Lime Olive Oil come together in this beautiful summer side dish. Equally delicious hot off the grill or at room temperature, these sugar snap peas will be a huge hit at your next barbecue. But don't wait for a special occasion to try this recipe - it's easy enough to make on a weeknight!
You'll need a grill basket for this recipe to prevent the sugar snap peas from falling through the grate. For less than $20, it's a great investment! Grill baskets make grilling smaller items easier and eliminate the need to skewer a lot of ingredients. We especially love to grill cherry tomatoes, cubed summer squash, and shrimp in them.
- 1 lb sugar snap peas, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Persian Lime Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Japanese Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Toss the snap peas with 1 tablespoon Persian Lime Olive Oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill basket on a hot grill for 5 minutes.
- Add the snap peas to the hot grill pan and cook until crisp-tender, tossing the snap peas every few minutes. This should take about 10 minutes over high heat.
- Toss the snap peas in a large bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon Persian Lime olive oil, lemon juice, Japanese Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon of chopped basil, and 1/2 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Place on a serving dish or serve out of the bowl, garnished with the remaining chopped basil and sesame seeds.