(adapted from Steamy Kitchen)
Ponzu sauce is a combination of citrus and soy sauce that can be difficult to find, so we've created our own version!
We’ve taken a few liberties and made ours with balsamic vinegars to create a light, tangy version that is perfect for a dipping sauce, salad dressing, as a simple way to dress any steamed vegetables, or to jazz up grilled tofu, chicken or fish.
- 1 pound broccoli cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon The Olive Scene Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon The Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons The Olive Scene Blood Orange Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon The Olive Scene Roasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or Kirmizi Aci Biber (Turkish roasted red pepper flakes available at The Olive Scene)
- Toss the broccoli with 1 teaspoon of Blood Orange Olive Oil and spread on a cookie sheet.
- Roast the broccoli until just tender but slightly crunchy at 400° for 15-18 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegars.
- Slowly whisk in the oils, and then the remaining ingredients.
- Toss with the roasted broccoli.
*Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar is awesome as well as a substitute for the Thai Lemongrass Mint Balsamic Vinegar.