Nothing says Easter like carrots, and this easy, healthy recipe makes the perfect side dish for your holiday lamb. It utilizes our beautiful Single Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oils to let the flavors of sweet, earthy carrots and bright dill shine.
If you come across young organic carrots with the tops at your local grocery store or farmer's market, don't pass them up! You'll be amazed at how sweet they are. Leave the skin on organic carrots for extra fiber and texture.
- 1.5 lbs carrots
- 2 tablespoons The Olive Scene Single Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil (would also be fantastic with Wild Fernleaf Dill Olive Oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the carrots or scrub the skin if using organic carrots. You can keep thin carrots whole or cut them in half. For thicker carrots, cut them on a bias into ½ inch thick slices.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread in one layer on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Cook until slightly browned and tender, about 20-30 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Place the carrots on a serving dish and toss with the dill while still warm.