Cooking Time: 10 Min Servings: 1
- Sherry Reserva Wine Vinegar
- The Olive Scene French Walnut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots, peeled and finely minced
- 6 tablespoons aged Olive Scene Sherry Reserva Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup Olive Scene Roasted French Walnut Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Toss minced shallots with the salt in a bowl and allow to macerate for 1 hour at room temperature.
- To the bowl of shallots, whisk in the Dijon, thyme leaves, black pepper, and sherry vinegar, to totally combine.
- Combine the walnut and olive oil together in a container suitable for pouring.
- Slowly drizzle oils into the bowl, constantly whisking, 1 drop-at-a time at first.
- Once the vinaigrette begins to come together (emulsify), you can increase the rate of adding the oils to a slow and steady stream, until all is incorporated.
- Adjust seasoning. Yields 1 cup