Cooking Time: 20-25 Min Servings: 4
Credit: Todd Coleman
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ¾ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ cup packed basil
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 6 tablespoons Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 3 anchovy filets in oil, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pepperoncini, stemmed, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1 lb Fusilli
- Make the pesto: Place tomatoes in a food processor and process until finely chopped; pour tomatoes into a fine strainer and drain off excess juices.
- Process tomatoes along with almonds, basil, parmesan, 5 tablespoons oil, raisins, capers, chile flakes, anchovies, garlic, and pepperoncini in a food processor until finely ground.
- Season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until needed.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat; working in batches, add pasta and cook, stirring, until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving ¼ c cooking water, and transfer pasta to a large bowl along with pesto; toss to combine, adding a couple spoonfuls of cooking water, if needed, to create a smooth sauce.
- Transfer to a large serving platter or bowls and serve with more parmesan cheese.