Cooking Time: 10-15 Min Servings: 2
Wild Mushroom Infused Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon Olive Scene Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice or medium-grain rice
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Scene Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Minced fresh parsley
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat broth to hot simmer over medium heat.
- Season broth with pepper and reserve, keeping over a low simmer.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in rice and continue stirring 1 minute, until rice is translucent.
- Pour in wine and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 3 minutes.
- Add broth to rice, ½ cup at a time and cook, stirring until almost dry in between additions, until rice is tender and very creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and then the remaining oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle risotto into bowls and garnish with parsley.
- Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.