Cooking Time: 2 Hr Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 lb dry navy beans, soaked overnight
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Olive Scene 18 Year Traditional Balsamic Vinegar*
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh savory
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- Heat a small amount of Olive Scene Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir chopped onions and carrots in oil until tender.
- In a slow cooker, combine beans, carrots and onion, broth, bouillon, balsamic vinegar and bay leaf.
- Pour in water if necessary to cover ingredients with liquid.
- Tie together parsley, rosemary, thyme, and savory, and add to the pot.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Stir in potato, and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Remove herbs before serving.
- If possible give the beans a stir every couple of hours.
*can also use dark chocolate, espresso, or fig