Cooking Time: 0 min Servings: 4-6
- Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar
- Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cups fresh parsley and/or cilantro, firmly packed
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ½ cup Olive Scene Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- Pulse the garlic and onion in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the parsley and/or cilantro, and basil, and pulse briefly, until finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl.
- Add the olive oil and vinegar and stir.
*Adding the liquids outside of the blender gives the chimichurri the correct texture. You do not want the herbs to be completely puréed, just finely chopped.
Season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Chimichurri is one of most delicious and versatile sauces around. It is traditionally served with grilled steak, but it goes great with chicken and fish too. Chimichurri works well as a marinade, and is also delicious on vegetables or on grilled sausage.