Cooking Time: 20-25 min Servings: 2
Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
- kosher salt
- ½ cup Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (Cerasuola, Leccino, Mission, Nevadillo Blanco, Picual)
- 8 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- pinch of saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus a few whole leaves for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup toasted pasta couscous (Israeli style)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine balsamic vinegar with a pinch of salt.
- Slowly whisk in 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Place shrimp in another bowl, and pour half of balsamic dressing on top. Refrigerate shrimp for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken broth and saffron a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add basil, butter, couscous, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bring mixture back to a boil, then reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until couscous is tender and most of broth is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Sauté on one side for 3 minutes, then sauté other side until crisp and opaque, 3 minutes more.
- Place couscous on 2 plates; garnish with basil leaves (if using).
- Arrange shrimp on top, add pepper to taste, and drizzle with remaining Vanilla Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.