Cooking Time: 45 min Servings: 4
Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil
- 1 lb large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (should be 12)
- ¾ cup Olive Scene Persian Lime extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Olive Scene Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Kirmizi Biber (roasted crushed red pepper)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 2-layer sections of red onion wedges
- 12 pepper wedges
- Wisk the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper in a medium bowl to blend for glaze.
- Transfer half of glaze to another bowl.
- Add shrimp to one bowl, and veggies to another, turning to coat with glaze.
- Allow to marinate ½ hour.
- Alternately thread onion wedges and peppers on each of 4 metal, or soaked wooden skewers.
- Save whatever glaze is left in the bowl for during grilling.
- On another set of skewers, thread the shrimp, alternating with the tomatoes.
- Discard the left over marinade from the shrimp.
- Coat the grill rack with oil and prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Brush skewers on both sides with glaze left from the vegetable marinade.
- Grill until shrimp are opaque in center, turning and brushing occasionally with more glaze, 10-12 min for the vegetables, 6-8 minutes for the shrimp.
- Serve each person a skewer of shrimp and a skewer of veggies.
- Or remove all from skewers, toss together and serve.