Cooking Time: 12 min Servings: 4
- Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- Japanese Sesame Oil
- 4 6-ounce salmon steaks or fillets
- ¼ cup medium Olive Scene Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Scene 18 Year Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, such as Kirmizi Biber (roasted red pepper flakes available at The Olive Scene)
- 1 teaspoon Olive Scene Japanese Roasted Sesame Oil
- ¾ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the Kirmizi Biber with salt and pepper to make a smaller grind.
- You can also use a food processor.
- Whisk together all ingredients except salmon filets.
- Place salmon in a 9x13 pan and pour marinade over.
- Flip salmon to coat both sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill and oil the grate.
- Cook over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes per side, or until salmon is firm, flakes easily, and is a consistent color through the middle.
- Remove from grill and serve with grilled snap peas (recipe on website).