Cooking Time: 10-20 Min Servings: 8
- 1 leg of lamb (7 to 8 lb)
- 2 large garlic cloves, slivered
- 5 tablespoons Olive Scene bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper (or less, if desired)
- 30 small red new potatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut slits all over the lamb with the tip of a sharp knife and insert the garlic slivers into the slits.
- Brush the lamb all over with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Combine the thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Remove 1 tablespoon and reserve.
- Pat the herb mixture all over the lamb for form a crust.
- Place the lamb in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the reserved herb mixture.
- Toss to mix well and arrange around the lamb in the pan.
- Place the pan on the center rack in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 F and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven when internal temperature has reached at least 120 F for rare.
- Cover with tin foil and let sit 15 minutes before carving.
*For rare lamb, allow 12 minutes per lb
*For well done lamb, allow 18 minutes per lb