Cooking Time: 20-25 Min Servings: 24
Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 large onions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons bold Olive Scene Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon or Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 leg of lamb, boned and butterflied (this is very important that it is butterflied as well as boned so it lays flat ) or
- 24 lamb chops
- Mix onions, mint, basil, rosemary, garlic, sugar, and salt in small bowl.
- Place leg or chops on a large baking sheet with sides.
- Press ½ of herb mixture on either side of butterflied lamb or onto each side of the lamb chops.
- Cover lamb with sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Early in the day:
- Whisk olive oil and lemon juice (or lemon balsamic) in small bowl until slightly thickened and well blended.
- Season lightly with salt and generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon oil mixture lightly over leg of lamb. Turn over and spoon remaining oil mixture over.
- Place in refrigerator until 1 hour before grilling.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Grill lamb until desired doneness--leg approximately 20-25 min per side, turning ¼ turn every 10 min.
Transfer to platter and allow to rest 10 min.
Serve with Roasted Potatoes
*Aso great using 24 lamb rib chops, but decrease grilling to approximately 3 – 5 minutes per side for medium rare