Cooking Time: 10 Min Servings: 4
Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 lb chicken breasts, cut into serving-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Olive Scene Tarragon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup The Olive Scene Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 teaspoon dried, or 1 Tbsp fresh, chopped tarragon, if desired
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Add chicken and shake to coat completely.
- Add 2 Tablespoons Tarragon oil to a sauté pan placed over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 8-10 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- Add additional 2 tablespoons Tarragon oil as needed.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add the onions to the pan, stir, and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons flour, and cook 1 minute.
- Gently add vinegar, stirring to scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add stock and cook until thickened.
- Add cream and dried tarragon and stir to combine.
- Add chicken back to pan, turning to coat. Warm through and serve.