Cooking Time: 15-17 min Servings: 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- ¾ lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¼ c Balsamic Vinegar
- (Black Current, Espresso, Fig, Honey Ginger, Pomegranate or Traditional)
- ¾ c chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and saute the chicken until it is nicely browned on one side (about 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic.
- Turn the chicken breasts and scatter the mushrooms over them.
- Continue frying, shaking the skillet and stirring the mushrooms.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, then add the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover tightly and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken to a warm serving platter and cover with foil.
- Set aside.
- Continue simmering the sauce, uncovered, over medium high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Swirl in the butter or margarine and discard the bay leaf.
- Pour this mushroom sauce mixture over the chicken and serve.