Cooking Time: 10 min Servings: 6-8
- Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 qt strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- ½ pt blackberries or blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Olive Scene Balsamic Vinegar
- 18yr Traditional, Strawberry, Dark Chocolate, or Raspberry
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh mint leaves for garnish, optional
- Clean the berries and place in large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and allow to sit 10 minutes.
- Do not refrigerate.
- Sprinkle with the vinegar; toss gently, then taste and add more vinegar if necessary.
- Sprinkle with the pepper, toss again, and serve, garnished with the mint, if you like.
- Spoon into a glass or bowl, and serve next to cookies or a piece of cake.
Berries with balsamic vinegar will not hold for any length of time. You can sugar the berries an hour or two before serving them, but no longer. Sprinkle on the vinegar and pepper, very judiciously, just before serving. The berries, of course, can be served solo, but for an even more elegant presentation, add a few crisp cookies or a slice of pound, sponge or angel food cake.