Cooking Time: 12 Servings: 6-8
- Butter-All Natural Infused Olive Oil
- Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
From Thea Zimmerman
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Butter or Eureka Lemon works great too)
- Half-n-half or cream
- 1/4 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- In large bowl (I actually use my KitchenAid mixer), mix dry ingredients. In separate bowl, mix pumpkin, egg, buttermilk, and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients are just incorporated.
- Do not beat.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead once or twice.
- Cut in half, then pat each half out to about 6-8" circle.
- Cut into 6 triangles.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Brush tops lightly with cream, and using your thumb, press a deep indentation into the thick end of the scone.
- Fill with a spoonful of jam (do not overfill).
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until done.