Cooking Time: 50 min Servings: 8-10
Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, more for the pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Olive Scene mild Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 cup good quality honey
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup Olive Scene Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe yellow plums, or pears
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon thyme leaves, or regular thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Olive Scene Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven; heat to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan, including center tube.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk eggs well.
- Whisk in sugar, oil, 1 cup honey, wine, and vinegar until well combined.
- Whisk in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until springy to the touch and a cake tester comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes, then unmold the cake and let cool completely.
Meanwhile, pit and quarter plums or slice pears. In a small bowl, whisk the 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon Honey Ginger Vinegar until smooth. Add thyme and mix. Toss plums or pears with honey/vinegar mixture. Add more honey to taste and let macerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve cake sliced and garnished with plums or pears.